<$BlogRSDURL$>

Viewing the local antiquities

 
 
She was so drunk she was singing 
and I drove her home in her Dodge Dart even though my learner's permit wasn't valid and I'd recently totalled the company van.

Will I knock over the beer bottle bracing myself with my feet? I pause, clenching everything so as not to come right away.

 
"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Wait."


 
"Put your arms round my shoulders please"—showing me how to get leverage, chanting:

"Oh, John, oh, John, oh, John, oh, John, oh, Johnny Johnny Johnny Johnny ... "

 
For the first, the only, time in my life.

And always, after that, a throwaway come, then the real one.

{NA}


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

All characters and situations fictional. Copyright (c) 2003-2007 by "John Psmyth."
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Cunning Linguists Image hosted by Photobucket.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares Listed on BlogsCanada

Where viewers come from:
Locations of visitors to this page
Auto-updated daily since 27-12-04

eXTReMe Tracker